Sunday 11 May 2008

Beginnings

As Julie Andrews once sang 'let's begin at the very beginning, a very good place to start'. So, I'm Dee. I'm a 19, almost 20 year old student at Newcastle University studying Sociology. According to what they told me in Freshers week, I am meant to be looking at the world with a critical eye but I don't see much of that happening!

I've lived in the North East all my life - don't quite live in Newcastle but Cramlington a few miles out.

So, a little more about what I do.

Every Tuesday afternoon I act as a classroom assistant in a primary school in Byker, working with the year 5 class - children aged 9 and 10. Despite the misfortunes of the area, it being incredibly economically deprived, the children are all lovely and I enjoy the afternoons I spend there. However, sometime I just want to give them a cuddle and a good wash - it is so clear in some cases that they just don't get any love at home.

Every Tuesday evening I help out at a local Brownie group. I've been doing it since i was 13 and I love it. I am a fully fledged Snowy Owl.

When I grow up I want to be a teacher of Primary French.

I'm taken and I love it. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 and a half years and I wouldn't have it any other way. However, for much of the year we have a long distance relationship because he is at Cambridge University. It works - despite all those people who think that it doesn't and we are stronger because of it. It definately opens up lines of communication much more than when you are always together.

Anyway, I don't think I have much more to say here. That is just a brief introduction to me. Comment with questions if you want to know more :)

Love and squishes.

No comments: