Tuesday 29 June 2010

Job... real world

So, having finished my PGCE, it is now time to enter the real world and start trying to get a job. Had my first real interview today. Taught for 20mins and then had to have a formal interview. I don't want to say how it went - I'm such a bad judge. I hope they liked me and that threw it in my favour!

Getting a job is ridiculous. There are so many hoops to jump through and that is something that I am not the best at. I find it really difficult. It seems ridiculous that you jump through all of the hoops and then end up doing what you want anyway.

I have an interview tomorrow to start getting jobseekers allowance. I'm really hoping I can call them later and cancel it in light of getting this job. I don't want to be on the dole. There are so many negative connotations associated with it. People who take job seekers allowance are not scroungers, they are people who are looking for jobs! FACT! You have to be looking to get it.

Anyway, I don't really have a lot to say so...

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hey petal I hope you get this msg back. I'm not too sure what we can do about NooNoo, i think she's just going to make herself really ill or depressed. Its not a good start tbh.

Its really hard to not fly off the handle not to have a go at her, I know its hard to get use to it, but its not like she's the only person.

I think the only thing to do is just let her get on with it. I donno, i don't think there's much we can do.

BTW I taught myself how to crochet from loads of old books and leaflets that use to be my grans. I picked it up really easily luckily.